MARIET DU PLOOY AUDIOLOGISTS - TINNITUS / DIZZINESS
PRETORIA OLD EAST, NEW EAST, LYNNWOOD, MOOT, ZAMBEZI & AKASIA
Mariet du Plooy Audiologists treat Tinnitus which is the hearing of sound when there is no external sound present. Most patients describe it as a ringing noise but it may also sound like clicking, hissing or roaring. In some people this can cause depression, anxiety or it may even interfere with concentration. Call Mariet du Plooy Audiologists for any further information regarding treatments for Tinnitus, dizziness or balance.
Critical questions to consider that would aid in diagnosing the cause of the vertigo / dizziness:
- Do you have vertigo / dizziness attacks or is it a constant feeling of imbalance?
- How often do you have vertigo / dizziness attacks?
- How long does the vertigo / dizziness attacks last?
- Do you have any symptoms or signs before the vertigo / dizziness attack starts (e.g. headaches, loud noises, fullness in the ear/s, stress, change in head / body position)
- What other symptoms do you experience during or after the attack besides vertigo / dizziness (e.g. hearing loss, fullness in the ear/s, facial weakness, pain, headache, ringing in the ear/s, light or sound sensitivity)
Assessing someone with vertigo or dizziness is a comprehensive and extensive evaluation involving several professionals, usually including an audiologist, ear nose and throat (ENT) specialist and / or neurologist.
- Diagnostic hearing assessment
- Posture and gait assessment
- Vestibulo-ocular reflex (VOR) assessment
- Positional and positioning assessment
- Videonystagmography (VNG)
- Auditory Brainstem Response testing
- Cervical Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials (cVEMP)
- Ocular Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials (oVEMP)
- Video Head-Impulse Test (vHIT)
- Dynamic Visual Acuity (DVA) & Gaze Stabilization Test (GST)
Netcare Pretoria East, Suite 16,
Cnr of Garsfontein & Netcare Road,
Mediclinic Kloof, Suite G10,
511 Jochemus Street,
Brooklyn Surgical Centre Medpark (Brooklyn Circle),
Cnr Olivier & Jan Shoba Street,
Mediclinic Medforum, Suite 511,
412 Cnr Francis Baard & Nelson Mandela Drive,
Brooklyn Cricle 012-367-4280
Mediclinic Kloof 012-367-4280
Netcare Pretoria East 012-422-2696
Club Surgical Centre 012-997-1718
Mediclinic Medforum 012-320-8460