DR ABRI BEZUIDENHOUT - WEIGHT LOSS SURGEON,
Dr Abri Bezuidenhout is a general surgeon based in Pretoria. He has a private practice at Zuid Afrikaans Hospital, Life Groenkloof Hospital and Groenkloof Advanced Day Hospital with Sessions at Steve Biko Academic Hospital. He is a member of SASSO, ASSA, FoSAS, SASES, SAGES and the South African Colorectal Society. He is also the past president of SASSiT and the recipient of the ASSA Young Surgeons Award 2013. He is the Founder and Director of Bespoke Surgical Institute. Your long-term health is in the best surgical hands! Bespoke Surgical Institute is the first surgical practice in South Africa to develop a Values and Behaviors ethic that all associates must support, from the receptionist, the clinical support associates and our surgeons. Bespoke Surgical Institute has a passion for professional care, deeply rooted in science and precision surgery. The surgical team is based in Pretoria, South Africa and consists of eminent surgeons within the specialist surgical field.
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery.
- Oncology surgery.
- Endocrine surgery.
Values and behaviours:
- Nurture patient trust
- Re-imagine medicine
- Value based care
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Surgical innovation
- Powered by science
Bariatric and metabolic unit:
- Bariatric surgery is the collective term used to describe a number of surgical procedures that induce weight loss by making changes to the digestive system
- Patients with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 40
- Patients with a BMI over 35 with other co-morbid diseases associated with obesity (as mentioned above)
- Patients with a BMI over 30 with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes
- Palpable or visible lump
- Nipple discharge
- Retraction of the nipple
- Skin dimple
- Pea d’orange- this is where the skin resembles an orange peal
- Nodes under the arm
Colon and rectal cancer:
- A change in your bowel habits.
- Rectal bleeding.
- Anaemia with tiredness
- Regular heartburn
- Food that pushes back up after eating or when lying down
- Difficulty in swallowing
- High abdominal pain
General and hpb unit:
- Gallstones – when they are symptomatic, surgery is the treatment of choice.
- Cholecystitis is when the gallbladder is inflamed or infected.
- The treatment involves antibiotic treatment and surgery.
- Cancer of the gallbladder is extremely rare.
Weekdays 08h00 – 16h00
Room 301, 3rd Floor,
Zuid Afrikaans Hospital,
293 Bourke St,
Magwa Cres & Mac-Mac Road,