MORONGWA OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
MOOT, OLD EAST & AKASIA
Morongwa Sekele is an Occupational Therapist situated in Arcadia, Pretoria. She has a passion for working with adults and children to achieve optimal mind-body function. Shee facilitates the recovery of physical and psychological wellbeing through the engagement in valued activity and life roles.
Morongwa Sekele Occupational Therapy offers a client-centred approach with the aim of helping people to live a meaningful life, and to achieve their individual goals, despite illness or injury. The following services are available at the practice:
- Individual rehabilitation with a focus on improving functional independence, social participation and work capacity.
- Chronic pain rehabilitation for the management of complex pain conditions to improve activity engagement and quality of life through the use of multiple treatment modalities.
- Return-to-work intervention to improve a person’s ability to perform his/her own occupation, or an alternative position within the workplace. There is also a focus on adapting the work environment and adjusting the job demands through reasonable accommodation. Rehabilitation includes the development of an individualised return to work plan.
- Functional capacity evaluation includes a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s physical, cognitive and psychological ability to meet the inherent demands of their own occupation or any position within the open labour market.
- Work assessment to identify a person’s capacity to perform their job after illness, injury or surgery, and to give recommendations to the employer for a safe return to work.
Morongwa Sekele is experienced in working with adults and children who have physical and/or psychological deficits, including musculoskeletal injuries, neurological disorders, psychiatric diagnoses and complex chronic pain. Intervention is focused on optimising function, facilitating return to work and improving overall quality of life.
Map & Directions
935 Francis Baard St,