DR HAMZA TAYOB EYE SPECIALIST
CENTURION EAST , CENTURION WEST, MIDRAND, PRETORIA OLD EAST, PRETORIA NEW EAST & LYNNWOOD
Dr Hamza Tayob is a healthcare practitioner specialising as an Ophthalmologist. With his passion and love for eye care, he is able to provide excellent care to patients
Dr Tayob completed his medical degree in 2009. He served his internship at Steve Biko Academic Hospital. Thereafter, Dr Tayob completed his community service year at Heidelberg Hospital. During his training as an ophthalmologist, Dr Tayob initiated an eye care programme, "Vision 4 Life". This programme provides eye care and eye surgery for patients that are in need.
Outside Ophthalmology, Dr Tayob loves spending time outdoors, be it fishing, golfing, tennis or even just taking a walk with his family.
Dr Tayob love attending various workshops and training seminars, allowing him to offer the latest treatment options to his patients.
He offers a complete range of eye care services including LASIK and PRK refractive surgery, eye exams, vision testing for glasses and contacts. All Laser Lasik, Cornea & Glaucoma, Laser Cataract Surgery, Brow lift services. The latest in medical technology in all aspects of eye care - from routine eye exams and refractive surgery to eyeglasses and contact lenses to more specialized eye services.
- THE RETINA- The retina is a thin layer of light sensitive tissue on the back wall of the eye. The optical system of the eye focuses light on the retina much like light is focused on the film in a camera.
- CATARACTS- "Cataract" is the name used to describe a condition where the lens of the eye becomes opacified, blocking some light from reaching the retina and interfering with vision. Cataracts are multi-faceted. The most common cause is age related, other known causes include: diabetes, trauma, certain medications and rare systemic diseases.
- DIABETES- Diabetes is a disease where your body cannot regulate its sugar levels. Your eyes are one of the organs affected by diabetes. If your eyes are affected it is called diabetic retinopathy and is potentially blinding. For this reason it is important to regulary undergo a thorough eye examination by a ophthalmologist.
- ARMD- ARMD occurs when the retinal pigment epithelium, the insulating layer between the retina and layer of blood vessels behind the retina (choroid) stops functioning efficiently. In the case of dry macular degeneration the nerve cells of the retina degenerate. This is the commonest form of armd.
- LASER REFRACTIVE SURGERY- Laser surgery techniques for refractive vision correction were well established, both scientifically and clinically, by the mid-80s. The basic principle behind all the methods is using a laser to model the outer corneal layer so that the focal point of the bundled incidental light is on the surface of the retina itself and not in front of or behind it.
- GLAUCOMA- Glaucoma refers to a number of conditions that all damage the optic nerve. Increased pressure in the eye is one of the ways the optic nerve is damaged. Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of preventable blindness.
- LASIK- The laser technique involves working on the corneal bed, under the Bowman layer where there are no cells or nerves which can lead to scarring. With the LASIK procedure, a small 8mm diameter flap with a thickness of 130-160 microns, is cut from the surface of the cornea. This flap is not totally cut off and is still attached to the cornea with a small hinge.
Suite 15, @Health Medical Centre,
258B Jean Avenue,
Room 208, 2nd Floor, Pretoria Eye Institute,
630 Francis Baard Street,
Waterkloof Eye Institute,
283 Tram Street,
@Health Medical Centre, Centurion
Pretoria Eye Institute, Arcadia