MARYKE ROSSOUW - PHYSIOTHERAPY,
A little bit more on the head physio, Maryke Rossouw:
Maryke grew up in Kempton Park, South Africa. After High School, she studied Bsc Sport Science at the University of Tulsa in Oklahoma, USA under a sport scholarship where she ran track and cross country from 2007 to 2009. She earned this scholarship by obtaining her Springbok colours in 2005 for long distance running where she competed for South Africa at the Southern Regional Cross Country Champs in Mauritius.
She then proceeded to study Physiotherapy at the University of Pretoria 2010 to 2013 after realizing that she has a passion for sport, medicine and the human body. During this time, she still pursued her love for running, but gave it a bit of downtime to set her focus on her studies.
She did her CommServe year at Tembisa Hospital in 2014. It was a tough year where she learned a lot about work in state hospitals and the country she has chosen to work in. She decided South Africa is where she wants to stay and hasn’t looked back since.
She then started working at private practice for a range of practitioners from Johannesburg to Pretoria for 6 years. Here she dealt with sport injuries, occupational injuries, pediatrics, Geriatrics, rehabilitation and locum work.
Late 2019, Maryke decided to open her own practice in 2020 and realized it is the best decision she ever made! Her office is clean and fresh, peaceful and the perfect environment for your healing. She is excited to meet you and help you with whatever problem you may face!
What to expect when you visit Maryke Rossouw Physiotherapy?
Your first visit entails a proper assessment and treatment during which we will perform certain tests to determine a diagnosis. Without a diagnosis (the cause of your symptoms), it is harder to treat. Once we have determined exactly the origin of your problem, we can start working on your short term and long term goals!
Your first visit will also include treatment on day 1 and a plan going forward so that you know what timeline to look at in terms of healing, recovering and participation again. We will explain your condition, the pathology and what we can do to help you get to be yourself again!
What they can help you with:
Are you suffering from pain or discomfort that changes your daily routine or the way you feel about yourself? They can help you! They treat a wide range of conditions from sports injuries, to postural and ergonomic problems. Including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- TMJ (jaw conditions)
- Hips, shoulders, knees, hands, ankles, and feet
- Sports injuries
- Posture address
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Nerve pain
- Rehabilitation after an operation
- Rehabilitation post sports injury
- General strengthening
- Mobility, stability and wellness
Which value adding services do they offer?
- If you need a running gait analysis, they can help you with that!
- If you need your shoes looked at to help with your walking pattern, go see them.
- They give home core programs specifically tailored for you
- If your sports team need a screening day, let them know! They can assist in room or at fieldside.
Treatment modalities they include:
- Hands-on treatment- They believe in the guidance of the body so it can fulfill its potential
- Laser- Helps with inflammation, pain, swelling, scars, tissue irritation
- Dry Needling- Helps with trigger points, muscle spasm, increase in circulation
- Myofascial release- Natural herbal cream and soft tissue techniques
- MyoPLus- Electro stimulating technique to activate and strengthen weak muscles
- Strapping- Different kinds for different needs
- Rehabilitation exercises and home programs- So you can look after yourself when you are not seeing me here!
Map & Directions
Modderfontein Medical Centre,
Flamingo Shopping Centre,
Cnr Valley Road & Queens Street,
Cell: 064 538 2586
Tel: 011 608 1235 / 4528