BILKIS DRIVING SCHOOL - EAST RAND
Bilkis Driving School was established in 1988. It is a sole proprietor concern. Currently our head-office is based in Benoni.Our core business is the training of personnel in obtaining their learners and drivers licenses.
Bilkis Driving School also renders their service to companies to evaluate their staff in their driving skills and verification of drivers licenses.
- Defensive Driving Courses
- We also offer a defensive driving course which includes training on the skidpan.
- Our fleet of vehicles are duel controlled for the safety of the instructor and the learner.
- All our instructors our completely certified in both Code 8 driving as well as defensive driving.
- And renew their certifications every two years, to ensure our learners are always safe.
Our services include
- Complete Learners Course
- Code 08 Driving Course
- We pick up and drop off in the Kempton Park Area
- We supply a dual controlled vehicle
- All Instructors have Provincial approved certificates
- We also offer special prices for students.
- Defensive Driving Courses which includes training on the skidpan.
A South African learners license consists of three sections with the following criteria required:
- Rules of the road - There are 30 questions in this category with 22 being the pass mark
- Vehicle controls - There are 8 questions in this section, the required pass mark is 6
- Road signs, road markings and traffic signals - There are 30 questions in this category with a pass mark of 23
There are primarily three codes to choose from:
- Code 1 - This is for motorcycles, motorised tricycle or quadricycle not more than 125cc and the driver should be 16 or older on the date of the test. If the motorcycle engine in above 125cc, the driver will need to be 17 years or older.
- Code 2- This is for motor vehicles, bus and minibus or goods vehicle up to a maximum vehicle mass of 3500 kg. The driver will need to be 17 years or older on the date of the test.
- Code 3 - This is for motor vehicles exceeding a gross vehicle mass of 3500 kg. The driver will need to be 18 years or older to apply for a learners license in this category.
The following documents will need to be presented when applying for a learners license:
- Identity card or passport
- 2 Recent passport size photographs (colour or black and white)
- Proof of residential address
- In South Africa, any person who is of the minimum required age and holds a valid ID document may sit a learner's licence exam.
The minimum required age varies by vehicle class and has the following minimum age restrictions:
- for a motorcycle (without a sidecar) with an engine not exceeding 125 cc – 16 years
- for light motor vehicles with a mass not exceeding 3 500 kilograms – 17 years
- for all other vehicles (also motorcycles with an engine exceeding 125 cc) – 18 years
What Are The Benefits of Getting a Learner's Licence?
A license represents independence, freedom, and a step towards adulthood. With the wheel in your hands, and the wind in your hair, there is nothing stopping you. Before you get your driver's license, though, you most often need to get a learner's permit. While it might seem like a hassle, there are actually benefits that come with your permit.
It's A Requirement
Getting a learner's permit isn't just a good idea; it's the law. To get a driver's license, someone first has to get Learner's Licence. This forces future drivers to go through the "introductory level" of driving. This ensures new drivers are exposed to night driving, inclement weather, highway driving, etc.
How To Get A Learner's Licence.
For those who need to go through the permit process, getting a Learner's Licence is easy. All you have to do is head down your local BMV, and take a written test. There's no driving needed, because that's what you need the permit for in the first place.
Transitioning From A Learner's Licence To A Drivers License
A permit is a temporary thing, but it can be scary taking that leap. The more time you spend driving, though, the less frightening your license test will be. Also, the more road rule knowledge you have, the easier it will be to move from theory to practice.
Our fleet of vehicles are duel controlled for the safety of the instructor and the learner. All our instructors hold an instructors certificate which is renewed every two years.
Our goal is to train the students to be fully prepared to take their driver's test thereby instilling confidence in their driving ability.
Bilkis Driving School services the East Rand, including, Edenvale, Bedfordview, Boksburg, Kempton Park and Benoni.
Their head office is situated at 67 Bedford Avenue, Benoni.
|fax: 011-420-1973||website: www.bilkisdriving.co.za|