DR LLOYD VAMBE, SPECIALIST SURGEON - WE ALWAYS CARE
EDENVALE, BEDFORDVIEW, BOKSBURG, KEMPTON PARK & BENONI
Dr. Lloyd Vambe is a specialist surgeon situated in Kempton Park, Gauteng. He understands all nine basic areas of surgery which is listed below. Should you experiencing health concerns with any of the following, you may need to book a consultation for management and care.
- The digestive tract
- The abdomen and its contents
- The skin and soft tissue, including the breasts
- The head and neck
- The blood vessels and heart
- The endocrine system (hormones and glands)
- Surgical treatment of cancer
- Surgical managment of traumatic injuries
- Care of critically ill patients with surgical needs
- General Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Scopes and minor procedures done in the procedure room
Causes of abdominal pain include:
- Indigestion after eating
- Gallstones and gallbladder inflammation (cholecystitis)
- Pregnancy, gas
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Harmless abdominal pain usually subsides or goes away within two hours.
When to seek immediate medical attention:
- You have abdominal pain that is very sharp, severe, and sudden.
- You also have pain in the chest, neck, or shoulder.
- You're vomiting blood, have bloody diarrhea, or have black, tarry stools (melena)
- You have a high fever.
- You’re having difficulty breathing.
- You develop consistent nausea and /or vomiting.
- Your abdomen is stiff, hard, and tender to the touch.
- You can’t move your bowels, especially if you’re also vomiting.
Arwyp Medical Centre,
20 Pine Avenue,
Emergency (Monday to Friday, 8:00 - 16:00) 082-319-1921
Emergency (Weekend) 082-464-7564