DR CARL SWANEPOEL & DR ELMARIE BOTHA - EAR, NOSE & THROAT SPECIALIST
About Dr Carl Swanepoel
Dr Carl Swanepoel is an Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist based at the Cintocare Hospital in Pretoria.
- General Ear, Nose and Throat problems.
- Paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat conditions:
- Childhood allergies and sinus related problems.
- Tonsil, Adenoid problems. (Chronic tonsillitis with tonsillar and adenoidal hypertrophy.)
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy.
- Acute and chronic outer, middle, and inner ear conditions.
- Sinus surgery, Functional endoscopic sinus surgery, Septum repair surgery, Functional Rhinoplasty, Nasal fractures.
- Surgery for snoring and sleep apnoea.
Middle ear and mastoid surgery, Cholesteatoma surgery, Ossiculoplasty and Stapes surgery (Stapedotomy).
- Tympanoplasty for tympanic membrane perforations.
- Ossiculoplasty for conductive hearing loss.
- Stapedotomy for otosclerosis.
- Mastoidectomy for chronic ear disease and cholesteatoma.
- Canaloplasty for removal of exostosis.
- Meatoplasty for enlarging the ear canal Medico legal reports for road accident fund patients.
- Medico-Legal reports for road accident fund patients.
- Patients with dizziness and balance problems.
- Anterior skull base surgery, including Frontal Sinus Drill out procedures (Draf 1, 2 and 3) for refractory chronic frontal sinusitis, endoscopic closure of CSF (Cerebrospinal Fluid) leaks, Endoscopic Hypophysectomy and Endoscopic Dacro-Cysto-Rhynostomy (DCR).
- Voice problems, hoarseness, professional voice users, teachers and singers.
Video Stroboscopic examination of the vocal cords, Comprehensive Voice Evaluation.
- Medical treatment such as treatment for allergies and reflux.
- Larynx cancer.
- Laryngeal EMG and Botox treatment for Spasmodic Dysphonia and Laryngeal Tremor.
- Surgical treatment includes vocal fold medialisation procedures and vocal fold injections for vocal fold insufficiency, micro-endoscopic surgery for benign and malignant vocal fold lesions (Vocal cord cancer).
- Recurrent laryngeal nerve re-innervation for vocal cord paralysis.
- Endoscopic CO2 laser diverticulectomy for Zenker Diverticula.
About Dr Elmarie Botha
Dr Elmarie Botha attends to any condition involving the face, sinonasal system, throat, mouth, voice box & other abnormalities of the head & neck.
Conditions & Treatment
- Ear. Conditions and treatment of the ear.
- Nose. Conditions and treatment of the nose and sinuses.
- Throat. Conditions and treatment of the throat.
- Mouth. Conditions and treatment of the mouth.
- Larynx. Conditions and treatment of the larynx.
- Head and Neck. Conditions and treatment of the head and neck.
- General. Other conditions and treatment of the head and neck.
- Foreign Body Removal – Ear.
- Foreign Body Removal – Nose.
- Foreign Body Removal – Throat.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS).
- Myringotomy and Grommet Insertion.
- Ossicular Surgery.
- Panendoscopy ± Biopsies ± Removal of Lesion.
- Rhinoplasty – closed.
- Rhinoplasty – open.
- Sphenopalatine Artery Ligation.
Dr Carl Swanepoel
Consult 5, Cintocare Hospital,
175 Frikkie de Beer Street,
Dr Elmarie Botha
Medical Suite 4, Level 4, Cintocare Hospital,
175 Frikkie de Beer Street,
Dr Carl Swanepoel Contact Details
Dr Elmarie Botha Contact Details